Prepare Your Home for the Unexpected!
Thunderstorms in the summer can cause numerous unexpected damages to your property. Whether it is flooding in your basement, damage to your roof, or trees puncturing through your windows, storm damage can happen at any time. When the forecast looks grim, it is wise to prepare in advance to ensure you and your loved ones are kept safe.
- Secure fences and outside furniture: Heavy winds can easily pull unsecured fencing and loose patio furniture off the ground, which could cause exterior damage to your house. Make sure your fence is properly secured, and anchor outdoor furniture or bring it inside.
- Check gutters: Make sure your gutters are clear of debris and downspouts drain away from your house to help prevent interior water damage.
- Trim trees: Dead tree limbs near your windows could potentially get loose from heavy winds and puncture through.
- Protect your valuables: If you store valuables in your basement, make sure they are off the ground or secured in boxes.
- Review your policy: Lots of homeowners often find out too late that their insurance policy does not cover certain types of flood damages!
- Create an emergency kit: Make sure your emergency kit has everything you need just in case!
When storms come your way, SERVPRO is ready and prepared to handle any size disaster!