Best of Elk Grove Village Award
2020 Best of Elk Grove Village Awards in the category of Fire & Water Damage Restoration
We have recently been awarded for the 2020 Best of Elk Grove Village Awards in the category of Fire & Water Damage Restoration. We are honored and humbled to be recognized as a local business in Elk Grove Village!
How We Were Selected, Per Elk Grove Village Award Program:
"Each year, the Elk Grove Village Award Program identifies companies that we believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and our community. These exceptional companies help make the Elk Grove Village area a great place to live, work and play.
Various sources of information were gathered and analyzed to choose the winners in each category. The 2020 Elk Grove Village Award Program focuses on quality, not quantity. Winners are determined based on the information gathered both internally by the Elk Grove Village Award Program and data provided by third parties."
About Elk Grove Village Award Program
"The Elk Grove Village Award Program is an annual awards program honoring the achievements and accomplishments of local businesses throughout the Elk Grove Village area. Recognition is given to those companies that have shown the ability to use their best practices and implemented programs to generate competitive advantages and long-term value.
The Elk Grove Village Award Program was established to recognize the best of local businesses in our community. Our organization works exclusively with local business owners, trade groups, professional associations and other business advertising and marketing groups. Our mission is to recognize the small business community's contributions to the U.S. economy."
Check out the full press release here.
Elliott and Davis Guest on AM 560 The Answer
Elliott and Davis at AM 560 The Answer
Elliott and Davis had the opportunity to guest on AM 560 The Answer with other members of GOA Regional Business Association to talk about the benefits of being part of a business alliance network, as well as share insights into running a small business!
Click here to listen!
SERVPRO Specializes in Disaster Recovery for Homes and Businesses
Disaster waits for nobody. SERVPRO is ready 24/7 to respond and get your business back up and running!
SERVPRO provides excellent cleaning and restoration services for any size disaster. This extends not only to your home, but also your business. All our services, including fire & water damage cleanup, mold remediation, biohazard & sewage cleanup, etc. are available to your commercial property, large or small.
According to industry studies, up to 50% of all business might not ever recover from a disaster. We want to work to ensure your business is not part of that statistic.
We understand that lost time equals lost revenue, and time is of the essence when dealing with any damages to your business. That is why we make it our priority to ensure your business is back up and running as soon as possible. Even if that means coming in after regular business hours, we can accommodate your schedule.
We value the many relationships we have established with businesses throughout the Elk Grove and Palatine area. One of the ways businesses can keep a direct line to us always is through the Emergency Ready Profile (ERP). This helpful tool is offered to your business completely for free, and it can help you minimize interruption to your business through establishing an immediate plan of action. Knowing what immediate steps to take and what to expect in advance can help with timely mitigation of further damages caused by water or fire. You can learn more about the ERP here.
Disaster can strike at any time; that’s why we at SERVPRO are available 24/7! Call us at (847) 593-3055 for quick emergency response to your disaster!
Quick Emergency Response to Flooding in Palatine
When disaster strikes, SERVPRO is ready to help 24/7!
Floods can happen at the most unexpected times. Whether it's due to a sump pump failure, a burst frozen pipe, a water main break, or heavy rain, anyone's basement can be at risk of flooding. When this happens, you need qualified water damage restoration experts who are available even when it's most inconvenient.
We at SERVPRO pride ourselves on our 20+ years of experience dealing with all types of water damages. From small residential properties to large commercial properties, we’ve seen it all. We understand how time is of the essence when dealing with water damage. When left unaddressed, the damages water can cause to your property can become a major issue. However, if dealt with in a timely manner, the potential damages can be minimized, which can make the restoration process much easier.
That’s why we at SERVPRO make ourselves available 24/7 for any potential emergency. No matter the time of day, our on-call crew will be there to assess your situation and even begin work. Our quick emergency response to your flooding situation ensures potential damages will be minimized, reducing the cost of your claim.
Our franchise is locally owned and operated, and we service all around Elk Grove Village, Palatine, Rolling Meadows, Schaumburg, and beyond. Call us at (847) 593-3055 to begin restoring your home, “Like it never even happened.”
Calm Before The Storm
SERVPRO is ready to respond 24/7 during this weekend's Winter Weather Watch!
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Watch throughout the Chicagoland area that will be in effect through the weekend. The area will be expecting a mix of heavy rain, followed by freezing temperatures and potentially more than half a foot of snowfall.
We urge everyone to stay safe! In the event of water damage caused by the weather, SERVPRO is available 24/7 to take care of your emergency! We are highly trained and experienced in dealing with a variety of water damages, from pipe bursts to water main breaks to sump pump failures, and we can also work with your insurance companies to ensure your claims are filed quickly and properly.
We are an independently owned and operated franchise, and we service the areas of Elk Grove Village, Schaumburg, Palatine, Rolling Meadows, and the surrounding areas. No job is too big or too small, and we are available 24/7 to provide emergency services. Call us at (847) 593-3055!
Categories and Classes of Water Damage
The cleanliness of water (category) and the scale of damage (class) determines what procedures will be followed for mitigation.
At SERVPRO, we have been working with various degrees of water damage for almost twenty years. Our experiences range from small leaks to total property losses.
When dealing with water damage, we follow IICRC standards and guidelines to ensure proper mitigation. Part of determining what the procedures will be depends upon what type of water has affected the property, as well the extent of the damage.
Category refers to the type of water affecting the structure.
- Cat 1 (Clean): Water originates from a sanitary water source and does not pose substantial risk from dermal, ingestion, or inhalation exposure. Examples include: broken water supply lines; melting ice or snow; falling rainwater; or broken toilet tanks.
- Cat 2 (Gray): Water contains significant contamination and can potentially cause discomfort or sickness if contacted or consumed by humans. Examples include: discharge from dishwashers or washing machines; overflows from washing machines; or toilet overflows with some contaminants.
- Cat 3 (Black): Water is grossly contaminated and can contain pathogenic, toxigenic, or other harmful agents and can cause significant adverse reactions to humans if contacted or consumed. Examples include: sewage; rising water from rivers and streams; wasteline backflow; or water with traces of regulated or hazardous materials such as pesticides or toxic organic substances.
Class refers to how much water and how the water has affected the structure.
- Class 1 – least moisture absorption (less than ~5% of combined floor, wall and ceiling surface area)
- Class 2 – significant moisture absorption (~5% to ~40% of combined surface area)
- Class 3 – greatest moisture absorption (more than ~40% of combined surface area)
- Class 4 – deeply held or bound water into low evaporation materials (e.g. plaster, wood, concrete, masonry) or assemblies (e.g. multilayer wallboard, subfloors)
We at SERVPRO service the Chicagoland area, including Elk Grove, Schaumburg, Palatine, Rolling Meadows, and the surrounding area. For a fast 24/7 emergency response, call (847) 593-3055!
Safety Tips While Decorating for the Holiday Season
The holiday season can pose multiple fire risks from decorations.
The holiday season is a time of good cheer and an opportunity to catch up with loved ones near and far. However, it is also a time of potential fire hazards. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), between 2013-2017, fire departments responded to an average 160 home fires started by Christmas tree lights, and 780 home fires started by other decorations.
In order to prevent potential fires caused by Christmas decorations, here are a few safety tips to follow:
- Replace old or damaged Christmas lights. If you see light strands with frayed or pinched wires, it is best to throw them away.
- If you have a natural Christmas tree, be sure to water it every day. Dry wood catches fire more easily.
- Be sure any lit candles are secured in stable holders and located in areas where they cannot be easily knocked over.
- Consider LED lights - they stay cool, use less electricity, and are less likely to overheat compared to traditional Christmas lights.
- If you are decorating the outside of your house with Christmas lights, be sure the lights you use are graded to be used outside. Some Christmas lights are to be used indoors only, and these are not insulated and could potentially pose a fire risk if they become wet.
- Do not leave tree lights running overnight. Make sure to switch them off before leaving the house or going to bed, or purchase a light timer to set your mind at ease.
In the unfortunate event your home or business suffers fire damage caused by holiday decorations, please give us a call. We at SERVPRO are available 24/7, even during the holidays! We service Elk Grove, Schaumburg, Palatine, Rolling Meadows, and beyond! (847) 593-3055
Like it never even happened.
The photo shown is a bathroom previously damaged by a flood, which now cannot be detected.
Over the years, we at SERVPRO have seen many types of residential losses in the Palatine and Rolling Meadows area, and we understand how stressful it can be, whether from water damage, fire damage, or mold growth. That's why we take the phrase, "Like it never even happened," seriously. When we work on restoring your loss, we want to ensure your property is left not only in the same spot as it was before, but perhaps even better.
We specialize in mitigation, but we also can help coordinate reconstruction efforts to put your home back together. We are experienced in working with subcontractors and insurance adjusters to make sure every party is doing their part to restore normalcy to your lives.
The photo shown is a bathroom previously damaged by a flood, necessitating damaged drywall to be removed to dry the structure. After drying was completed, new drywall was installed and matching paint was applied to create a seamless repair. Click here to see a photo of the bathroom before repairs were made.
SERVPRO is ready and available to respond to your emergency of any size 24/7! Call us now at (847) 593-3055 to make it "Like it never even happened."
How to Prevent Frozen Pipes in Palatine
Knowing what winter is capable of causing in Chicago, now is the time to take extra precautions and know what to do when frozen pipes occur.
2019 is almost over, and it is always wise to look back on lessons learned the past year. In January, when the Polar Vortex hit, many houses in Elk Grove, Schaumburg, Palatine, etc. experienced large-scale water losses caused by burst frozen pipes. Knowing what winter is capable of causing in Chicago, now is the time to take extra precautions and know what to do when frozen pipes occur.
If you suspect your property may have frozen pipes, it is best to call a professional plumber to assess the situation and potentially repair and help prevent any damages. If you would like to try to take matters into your own hands, here are some helpful tips:
- Avoid using open flames, heat guns, etc. to thaw your pipes.
- Pipe bursts occur not just because of frozen water, but from increasing water pressure as ice builds up. Relieve water pressure on your lines. Ways you can do this are turning off your water supply or trickling your faucets. Water may still freeze, but allowing pressure to escape can help prevent pipes from bursting.
- If you are able to visually access pipes along your walls, look for swollen areas or frost. If you see any, turn up the heat throughout the building.
- Use space heaters to provide extra heat in particular areas (though do not leave such appliances unattended).
- If you need to target specific areas, a hairdryer, heating pad, or simply a cloth wet with hot water can be applied.
In the unfortunate event your home or business experiences water damage caused by a frozen pipe, please give us a call! SERVPRO operates 24/7 and offers quick emergency response time to effectively mitigate any further damage. (847) 593-3055
Trained, Experienced, and Compassionate Staff
From our technicians to our office staff, each one of our team members aims to provide the restoration services you need with a compassionate smile.
At SERVPRO, it is one thing to have staff who are highly qualified and experienced in restoration. We are IICRC-certified, and our work is based on standardized restoration techniques used across the industry. However, it is important that we not only offer quality work, but also quality care.
We understand the difficulties a water or fire loss can bring to you and your loved ones, and we aim to work alongside you and help you navigate through these stressful times. From our technicians to our office staff, each one of our team members aims to provide the restoration services you need with a compassionate smile.
SERVPRO is ready and available 24/7 to provide you with the restoration services your property needs. Do not hesitate to give us a call! (847) 593-3055