Water Damage Emergencies are SERVPRO's Speciality!
Flooded basements can be a stressful time for a homeowner. Whether flooding occurs from sump pump failures, water main backups, burst pipes, etc., it can be difficult to know what to do next in these situations.
Calling your insurance company is key to understanding whether you are covered for the damages. After determining coverage, your insurance company would likely recommend you a restoration company such as SERVPRO to come inspect the damages. SERVPRO is a preferred vendor for many insurance companies, and we are relied upon to get to your flooded basement emergency as quickly as possible. When it comes to water damages, fast emergency response time is vital to ensure further damages can be prevented, thus keeping claims costs down. That is why SERVPRO keeps a crew on-call 24/7; no matter when an emergency happens, we are ready to help.
SERVPRO is locally owned and operated, and we provide services all throughout the Elk Grove and Palatine area, and beyond. Do not hesitate to call us when disaster strikes! (847) 593-3055
Your Feedback is Greatly Appreciated!
At SERVPRO, we take our customers' satisfaction with our work seriously. If there is anything about our work that a customer deems unsatisfactory, we want to make things right in whatever way we can, and we use those opportunities to grow and improve as a business.
Of course, we also very much appreciate it when customers leave us great feedback! From the quality of our work to the professionalism of our crew, we take pride in everything we do. Here are just a few words from our many happy customers:
"Great communication, great explanations, knowledgeable staff and thorough work!"
"You guys were amazing! You came immediately and cleaned everything up before any further problems could occur. As a result, the repair of the damage done by the water was much easier to repair! Thank you!"
"I highly recommend SERVPRO and their Business Development Manager, Tom Von Schaumburg and his assistant, Andres."
"Thank you to the Dove Crew and to Elliott for continuing to recruit and employ possibly the best group of young men I have ever met! They are respectful, knowledgeable and hard working, and have a way of putting the homeowner at ease during a very difficult time."
Check out some more past testimonials from our clients by clicking here!
If you would like to leave feedback regarding our work, good or bad, please leave us a review!
National Preparedness Month 2019: Community Preparedness
The last week of National Preparedness month, we at SERVPRO would like to encourage you to get involved with your local community's emergency preparation efforts. When disaster strikes, your whole community may be affected, and we can really make a difference when we all band together and help one another out.
- Community Emergency Response Teams (CERTs) train volunteers to prepare for different disasters their community may face. You can find local CERTs by clicking this link and entering your ZIP code.
- Every community has voluntary organizations that work during disasters. Visit https://www.nvoad.org to see what organizations are active in your community.
- Take classes in lifesaving skills such as CPR, first aid, etc. You could become a valuable asset in your community with these skills under your belt.
- Take note of potential hazards your community is most likely to face, and find ways you could potentially help your neighbors and friends.
We at SERVPRO are your neighbors and we are locally available 24/7 to help our community out! When disaster strikes, do not hesitate to give us a call at (847) 593-3055.
Making Fire and Smoke Damage "Like it never even happened."
This customer's garage was heavily stained with soot. After SERVPRO finished its fire cleanup process, the garage was left looking good as new.
In the aftermath of fire damages, the cleanup process can be a tricky one to tackle. Not only do you have to deal with the obvious damages to your property and personal belongings, but you also need to consider any hidden damages as well. Soot can be hard to spot and could have spread throughout your house without you noticing, which creates a deep-seated smoke odor that can be difficult to get rid of. Even if heavily damaged materials are removed or cleaned, your house may still have a lingering odor if the cleanup was hastily or improperly done.
At SERVPRO, we have many years of experience and training dealing with fires, and we understand what it takes to properly clean and neutralize fire and smoke staining and odors. We take the time to inspect every area that could have potential hidden soot utilizing chem sponges, which you can read about here. After we determine each area that needs cleaning, we clean and wipe every affected surface with chem sponges, followed by wiping with de-greasing chemicals and deodorizing agents. This process can be time-consuming, but if done properly, your house may be left with virtually no trace of the fire damage, truly "Like it never even happened."
Check out testimonials from clients we have performed fire cleanup services for in the past.
If you experience a fire damage, do not hesitate to call us for fast 24/7 service! We are located in Elk Grove Village and we service Schaumburg, Itasca, Roselle, Palatine, Rolling Meadows, and surrounding cities through the Chicago Suburbs! (847) 593-3055
National Preparedness Month 2019: Youth Preparedness
National Preparedness Month continues, and this week focuses on youth preparedness. Not only is it important for you to prepare for disasters, but it is also important for your children. Now would be a great time to have discussions with your kids about how to prepare and be ready for the unexpected.
- Teach children what to do in emergencies at home and away from home. Check out ready.gov for guidance on how to do so.
- Make sure your kids have the right emergency contacts on their phones. Your numbers, 911, and other close family members and friends are priority numbers they should have.
- Add your kids' school's social media for an easy way to keep up-to-date.
- Practice your emergency plans with your kids.
- Make sure your children's medication and supplies are in your emergency kits.
- Include items such as your children's toys, games, books, etc. in your emergency kits for comfort during disasters.
- Check out online games on ready.gov for fun ways to educate your children on emergency preparedness.
- If you are a teacher, take a look at resources from ready.gov on how to make sure your classrooms are prepared for emergencies.
For more information, be sure to check out ready.gov and fema.gov for many valuable resources to help your entire family prepare for emergencies.
If your home or business suffers emergency weather damage, SERVPRO is ready to respond 24/7. Give us a call at (847) 593-3055 for service that is Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Flood Warning in Cook County In Effect
Flood warning is in effect for Cook County and throughout the Chicagoland Suburbs, and it will remain in effect through the weekend. If you live or drive near Des Plaines River, you may encounter many flooded areas throughout.
If your area is experiencing flooding, please take steps to ensure your safety! Here are a few helpful safety tips from ready.gov:
- "Avoid walking or driving through flood waters. Just 6 inches of moving water can knock you down and 2 feet of water can sweep your vehicle away.
- If there’s a chance of flash flooding, move immediately to higher ground. Flash floods are the #1 cause of weather-related deaths in the US.
- Walk only where floodwaters aren’t moving. Use a stick to check the depth of the water and firmness of the ground in front of you.
- If floodwaters rise around your car but the water is not moving, abandon the car and move to higher ground. Just 1 foot of water can stall your engine and make the car float away.
- Avoid camping or parking along streams, rivers, and creeks during heavy rainfall. These areas can flood quickly and with little warning."
SERVPRO is ready and prepared 24/7 to handle any size disaster. If your home or business experiences water damage from flooding, please give us a call at (847) 593-3055.
National Preparedness Month 2019: Make a Plan
National Preparedness Month continues, and this week, the theme is "Make a Plan." Here are just a few helpful tips and steps to take to ensure you and your loved ones are ready and prepared for the unexpected.
For more information, ready.gov has a wealth of resources to help you and your family plan ahead.
In the unfortunate event of a disaster, SERVPRO is ready to respond 24/7 to your emergency. Call (847) 593-3055 for service that is Faster to Any Size Disaster!
National Preparedness Month 2019: Be Prepared with SERVPRO's Emergency Ready Profile
The Emergency Ready Profile is a no-cost readiness plan to prepare your business for any size disaster.
September is observed annually as National Preparedness Month, sponsored by FEMA. This is a great time to ensure your commercial property or business is prepared for the unexpected. Whether natural or man-made, disasters can occur at any time, and there is no telling what damages could be caused.
According to industry studies, up to 50% of all businesses may never recover after a disaster. Of those that do make it through, it's likely because preparedness plan was set in place.
SERVPRO's Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) can help you minimize business interruption by setting up an immediate plan of action at no cost. Knowing what steps to take and what to expect in advance can help ensure timely mitigation and minimize the effects of water and fire damage to your business.
The ERP compiles critical information to begin mitigation and recovery services immediately when you need it into a physical Profile Document, as well as a mobile app called Ready Plan for quick and easy accessibility. This information includes emergency and primary contact information, gas and water shutoff locations, and priority areas in the building.
By working with SERVPRO to develop your ERP, your business receives the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disaster. SERVPRO is a leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
For more information on the Emergency Ready Profile, click here.
Also be sure to check out ready.gov for more great resources on how to prepare for the unexpected.
If you would be interested in setting up an ERP for your commercial/business property, call SERVPRO at (847) 593-3055 to begin your free assessment.
National Preparedness Month 2019: Prepared, Not Scared
National Preparedness Month is observed every September to promote disaster and emergency planning to help ensure the safety of your family and community. Now is a great time to plan ahead and prepare for the unexpected.
Each week of September focuses on different themes of preparedness. This week's theme is financial preparedness: "Save Early for Disaster Costs." Here are just a few quick tips to financially prepare for disasters.
- Check your insurance coverage and make sure you have flood insurance. Many homeowners' and renters' insurance do not cover for flood damage. (Note: many flood insurance policies do not take effect until after 30 days. Don't wait until it's too late!)
- Make sure you have important documentation on hand, such as insurance, household identification, legal, and medical.
- Begin saving now and make wise financial choices to prepare for the unexpected.
- Check out the Emergency Financial First Aid Kit developed by FEMA to help plan ahead.
- Snap photos of important documents and personal belongings to expedite insurance claim filing.
Ready.gov is chock full of helpful resources to prepare for disaster. Be sure to check out their website, as well as the links above, for more information!
In the event of a disaster, SERVPRO is equipped and ready to respond 24/7. Give us a call (847) 593-3055 for service that is "Faster to any size disaster."
Chem Sponges - What Are They and How Do They Work?
After the fire has subsided, your property can be left with a myriad of damages to deal with, and it can be overwhelming to figure out what to do next. At SERVPRO, we are highly experienced in fire and smoke mitigation, and we can help you through the process of getting your house back into shape.
One of the most important tools at our disposal in fire and smoke mitigation is the chem sponge. These are unlike any other sponge in that they are used completely dry, and their unique cell structure made of vulcanized latex rubber enables them to pick up deeply embedded dust, soot, and smoke residue from within the surface.
While they are powerful cleaning tools, chem sponges are also safe to use on virtually any surface, even fabric. They are also gentle enough to use on painted drywall surfaces, ensuring your walls will be cleaned without causing further damage.
Not only will we use chem sponges on soot-damaged surfaces, but we also use these to check other surfaces within the structure outside of the obviously stained ones, as soot can travel far and wide. A wall may look clean, but one swipe of a chem sponge can reveal hidden soot that had been embedded deep within the surface! We want to ensure your property is thoroughly treated, and chem sponges are incredibly useful to help us achieve this goal.
SERVPRO is ready and prepared to provide fire and smoke mitigation to your home and help make it "Like it never even happened." Call (847) 593-3055; we are available 24/7 to address your needs!