SERVPRO Offers Expert Water Damage Restoration Services
If you are experiencing water damage of any type in your home, contact our emergency service line 24/7, 365-days a year. We are here to quickly take care of water damage situations for you. Water leakage can cause significant damage to your home and belongings, which is why it is vital to respond to this situation immediately. Our highly trained staff makes your restoration process as stress-free as possible by keeping you informed and communicating with your insurance company to get the most out of your claim.
SERVPRO has IICRC-certified professionals who follow strict safety and health guidelines throughout the restoration process. Rest assured, our team has the equipment, resources, and expertise to perform any repairs, replacements, or reconstruction projects necessary for the restoration.
SERVPRO always strives to be Faster To Any Disaster. With an entire Green Fleet of vehicles, stocked and ready to deploy, our technicians are ready to provide you with professional restoration done right. Contact SERVPRO of Elk Grove / E. Schaumburg / Itasca / Roselle for full-service solutions throughout the Chicago suburbs. (847) 593-3055
What Does It Mean To Be An IICRC Certified Firm?
SERVPRO of Elk Grove/E. Schaumburg/Itasca/Roselle and SERVPRO of Palatine/Rolling Meadows are IICRC firms. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must:
Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up to date on the latest changes in the industry.
Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops the Standards for The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
SERVPRO of Elk Grove/E. Schaumburg/Itasca/Roselle and SERVPRO of Palatine/Rolling Meadows specialize in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration, and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Commercial Flooding? No Probelm!
The disruption that flooding and water damage can bring to a commercial property in Schaumburg can be costly. Insurance companies may help to pay for the actual damages, but they rarely cover lost revenue. SERVPRO emphasizes speed and timeliness in our commercial restoration projects to help get businesses back up and running.
We are on hand 24/7 and our crews are able to arrive on-site with the proper equipment within four hours of your first call. By responding quickly, we help to prevent further damage and materials soaking, saving days or even weeks of restoration time.
Fast And Heavy Equipment
We equip our crews with industrial grade drying and restoration equipment to ensure they perform as quickly and effectively as possible. Our water extractors pump out standing water at high speeds, and our air movers remove any extra moisture from surfaces. For water removal, when speed and thoroughness are key, our tools and machinery pack a solid punch.
Trained, Certified, And Helpful Staff
Be it our technicians, inspectors, or office representatives, SERVPRO is renowned for our friendly and helpful staff. Technicians are happy to explain what they're doing to you, and our representatives can help communicate on your behalf with insurance companies and other relevant parties. Our staff will work with you to get the job done as smoothly and quickly as possible, and we are open and welcome to any questions or requests.
SERVPRO of Elk Grove / E. Schaumburg / Itasca / Roselle is ready around the clock to respond to commercial flood damage to get you back in business. Call us at (847) 593-3055.
No Matter the Damage- SERVPRO is Here to Help!
Fire damage can be a devastating experience for any homeowner. After the firefighters leave, you're left to deal with structural damage, as well as damaged personal belongings. We understand how trying this time can be, and we at SERVPRO are ready to help you.
SERVPRO is a preferred vendor for many insurance companies. We make sure to stay in contact with your adjuster to ensure you are covered for the work we do. Anything we can do to make this situation less stressful for you, we are willing to do so!
Hidden Soot Odor
The problem with fire damage is, even after the most obvious visual damage is removed or cleaned, there can still be a lingering smoke odor. Heavily sooted areas can be easy to spot, but there can still be hidden soot in your walls, ceilings, carpet, contents, etc. that emits an odor. Our staff is properly trained to take care of fire damage that covers every nook and cranny of your property. Every surface is tested and wiped with a chem sponge that helps draw out any hidden soot, followed by wet wiping with powerful cleaning and deodorizing chemicals. Finally, if there is still a lingering smell, an ozone chamber can be set up to further neutralize any odors left behind.
Have a large number of contents? No need to worry; SERVPRO also provides pack-out services for temporary storage at our warehouse. In addition, we can also clean salvageable contents from soot and smoke damage, keeping detailed inventory for insurance purposes. We can even help with hard-to-clean items such as clothing, electronics, paintings, documents, etc.
24/7 Disaster Recovery Services
SERVPRO of Elk Grove/E. Schaumburg/Itasca/Roselle and SERVPRO of Palatine/Rolling Meadows are ready to respond 24/7 for any size disaster. Call us today at (847) 593-3055!
What Is the Protocol After a Fire Damages My Home?
Having a fire cause damage to your home or property is devastating, and often times some things get lost in the shuffle as homeowners become overwhelmed with the aftermath. Here is short list of important things to get done immediately after a fire:
- Find a safe place to stay. Living inside a home with soot and fire damage can cause prolonged damage and including poor air quality that you and your family could be breathing in.
- Contact your insurance. Immediately filing a claim with your insurance carrier can help move the process along and make sure you have somewhere to live while your home is being assessed and remediated from the fire damage.
- Protect your home from other weather conditions. Make sure your home has been boarded up or tarped to prevent any rain or wind damage that can be caused by openings in the structure.
- Get your pets inspected by a veterinarian immediately. Smoke inhalation can damage small animals’ lungs and burns can hide under their fur.
- Make sure to get a copy of the fire report. You can usually get fire reports from your local fire department. The report may be helpful in providing information for your insurance agency.
- Continue and budget your finances. You will still be responsible to make your mortgage payments even if your home is destroyed. You'll also need to continue any car payments and replace any credit or debit cards that may have been destroyed in the house fire.
- Take care of your family and yourself. Having a disaster strike can cause concerns with young children. Taking the time you need to recover and make sure everyone is well taken care of will help ease the process of getting your home back to normal.
After you and your family are taken care of, be sure to call SERVPRO to handle to fire damage and take care of your contents. We are already ready to take your call! (847) 593-3055
Can a Water Loss Occur at my Business?
For a commercial property owner in Illinois, unexpected water problems can be a big issue. Fortunately, a water damage professional can help you assess, clean, and repair damages from any flooding or leaks you may have. Here are a few of the most common water problems a business may face from leaking pipes to foundation cracks.
1. Pipe Breaks
A pipe break can occur in a number of ways. Over time, the pipe can age and loosen in its fittings, or extensive use can lead to pinhole leaks. Extreme heat or cold can also affect a pipe’s integrity. A blocked pipe can lead to pressure buildup and eventually burst.
2. Plumbing Backup
Blocked plumbing can even lead to a toilet backup or sink overflow. When a pipe is blocked, water can take the shortest path out regardless of its intended flow path. Blockages can occur from a number of things, including the buildup of water minerals over time inside a pipe or someone pouring a solidifying material, such as plaster or grease, down a drain.
Extreme weather conditions can also lead to leaking pipes. Cold temperatures can cause the water in pipes to freeze and expand. The expansion puts pressure on the pipe and can create a crack or even cause it to burst altogether. If you know cold weather is coming, you can check with a local professional about what preventive measures to take.
4. Foundation Cracks
Foundation cracks can also become a problem leading to water damage. Water can seep through any cracks and pool, leading to further issues such as mold. Any cracks should be investigated and assessed as soon as possible to determine the best course of action. Water damage can happen to a commercial property. Fortunately, a professional can fix the damage caused by leaking pipes, foundation cracks, backed up toilet, or weather, and help you repair your property.
When your business is affected by water damage, SERVPRO of Elk Grove/E. Schaumburg/Itasca/Roselle and SERVPRO of Palatine/Rolling Meadows are ready and available 24/7 to begin emergency services. Call us at (847) 593-3055!
What Is Our Mold Remediation Process?
Whether it is visible staining or a musty smell, mold growth can be a bothersome issue to deal with for home and business owners. If you suspect mold growth in your property, there are several options to consider.
- Pre-testing: To determine the extent of mold damage in your home or business, SERVPRO partners with trusted indoor environmental consultants to perform a thorough inspection of your property. A complete report on mold growth and air quality, as well as a scope of work for remediation, is provided in order to ensure proper remediation.
- Mold Remediation: Because our crew chiefs are Applied Microbial Remediation Technician (AMRT) certified, we are thoroughly equipped and experienced to handle mold damage of all shapes and sizes. From attics to basements to full scale cleanings, we aim to make the mold growth in your property "Like it never even happened."
- Post-testing: To provide further peace-of-mind, post-testing assessments can be conducted to ensure proper remediation has been performed.
SERVPRO of Elk Grove/E. Schaumburg/Itasca/Roselle and SERVPRO of Palatine/Rolling Meadows are ready and available to address your mold damage needs. To begin the mold remediation process for your property, call us at (847) 593-3055!
How To Navigate After A Fire
Whether at your home or place of business, fire damage is stressful and taxing to deal with. Once the fire is out and the fire department has left, it may be confusing to figure out what to do next.
After any fire damage situation, your first priority is your safety. Is it safe to stay inside your house? If so, make note of the dos and don'ts of this list below to ensure your safety and prevent further damage.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpet.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If the electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor.
- Wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances, then protect these surfaces with a light coating of lubricant.
- If the heat is off during winter, pour RV antifreeze in the sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks and tubs to avoid freezing pipes and fixtures.
- Wash both sides of leaves on houseplants.
- Change HVAC filter, but leave system off until a trained professional can check the system.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloths over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in and out of the HVAC system.
- Don’t attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting your local SERVPRO Professionals.
- Don’t attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting your local SERVPRO Professionals.
- Don’t attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TV sets, radios, etc.) that may have been close to fire, heat or water without first consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don’t consumer any food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat or water. They have be contaminated.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage.
- Don’t send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set in smoke odor.
When fire damage strikes and you need assistance, SERVPRO of Elk Grove/E. Schaumburg/Itasca/Roselle and SERVPRO of Palatine/Rolling Meadows are only a phone call away. Give us a call to begin the fire damage restoration process and make it "Like it never even happened."
Our Full Service Fire and Cleanup Program!
Smoke and soot damage can be very invasive and hard to get rid of. While initial fire damage cleanup may make things appear clean, any and every nook and cranny of your property and belongings could be affected, causing hidden odor and damage. Fortunately, our IICRC-certified technicians have the expertise and experience necessary to inspect and accurately assess the situation to develop an effective plan of action.
Every fire damage situation looks different; in fact, there are two different types of smoke: wet and dry. As a result, there are also different types of soot residue. Before we begin our work, we can test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. From there, we will put a proper plan into place to make sure your fire-damaged property is taken care of thoroughly, efficiently, and safely.
Our equipment and specialized cleaning chemicals ensure quality results. For any kind of surface or material, including metal, stone, brick, clothing, curtains, carpets, painted surfaces, etc., we have what is needed to properly take care of your smoke and soot-affect property and belongings.
SERVPRO of Elk Grove / E. Schaumburg / Itasca / Roselle is available 24/7 to take care of you. Call us today at (847)593-3055 for your fire damage needs!
Our Precise Water Removal Process for Residential Property
SERVPRO locations around the country have had decades of experience and millions of unique cases to develop cost-effective and time-optimized mitigation and restoration strategies for residential water removal. We pride ourselves on bringing that same thoroughly-planned treatment to our local clients no matter how large or small the issue. Our technology is specifically engineered to allow machines, sensory equipment, and our trained personnel to work in perfect sync. As an example of our specialization and efficiency, take a look at our standard water removal procedure.
First and foremost in any water removal job is to identify and neutralize the source of damage. If the damage has been caused by a storm or other natural causes, the issue most likely solves itself by the time our technicians arrive. Otherwise, our personnel helps to identify the source of the issue and shut it down. Once the environment is safe to work in, we immediately begin pumping out water and performing preliminary mitigation efforts aimed at preventing further damage.
Once we have pumped out all water possible, we still must take care of the thin layers of water that stick to surface and subsurface layers around your home. For this task, we use air movers - powerful machines designed to create directed air currents in a specific region or pattern. These effectively pick up water droplets from any surface in their path, putting them into the air for dehumidifiers to handle.
Once the water is airborne, we cannot simply leave it to settle once more in your home. Our IICRC-certified technicians use thermal and chemical dehumidifiers to suck the water into manageable, movable containers, the final step in our water removal process. After this process, we can begin work on deodorization and restorations. At SERVPRO, our ultimate goal is complete livability in the home, not just a quick water removal job!
SERVPRO of Elk Grove / E. Schaumburg / Itasca / Roselle is there when you need us most to help you mitigate and recover from water damage of any variety. Just give us a call at (847) 593-3055.