What To Do After a Storm Hits
No matter how prepared you may be for the forecast, storm damage to your property can happen at any time. Knowing what to do when the unexpected happens can help save time and money for you, as well as keep you and your loved ones safe.
- Take Safety Precautions: Be aware of any potential physical hazards to your property. Is there standing water? Are there collapsed walls or ceilings? Any broken glass or exposed nails? Be careful when traversing through your property. If necessary, arrange an alternative place to live in.
- Document the Damage: If it's safe to do so, take photos of whatever damage has occurred to show to your insurance company. SERVPRO can also do this for you and keep documentation to submit with your claim.
- Contact Insurance: Notify your agent about damage to your home immediately. An adjuster can determine the extent of the damage so payment can be made for the repairs. We at SERVPRO work with many insurance companies to ensure a seamless claims process.
We at SERVPRO have many years of experience dealing with any size disasters. Our water mitigation services are available 24/7/365 when emergencies strike, and you can count on us to take care of your property and give you peace of mind.
Is Your Business Prepared for Disaster?
According to research, as many as 50% of businesses do not recover after experiencing a disaster. To ensure your business is not part of that statistic, we at SERVPRO can work with you to establish an emergency plan of action, free of charge.
The Emergency READY Profile (ERP) is a comprehensive assessment of your facility that also establishes a direct line of contact between the decision-maker of your business and SERVPRO. When disaster strikes, the ERP can streamline the restoration process to ensure your business experiences minimal interruption.
- A no cost assessment of your facility.
This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are "Ready for whatever happens."
Call 847-593-3055 to learn more about the Emergency READY Profile!
SERVPRO's Disaster Recovery Team is Faster to Any Size Disaster
SERVPRO has the resources to handle any size disaster.
While we are locally owned and operated, SERVPRO has been the leader in disaster cleanup and restoration nationwide since 1967. With over 1,700 franchises located nationwide and a network of strategically placed storm teams on standby, SERVPRO is uniquely positioned to handle any size disaster. From severe flooding to catastrophic fires, SERVPRO has seen it all and our technicians are trained and experienced to handle whatever is thrown our way. They are elite large-loss specialists who are prequalified and strategically positioned throughout the United States.
When a large-scale disaster occurs, such as a hurricane, the Disaster Recovery Team can mobilize local command centers, and SERVPRO franchises from all over the nation are called upon to lend a helping hand. No matter what the disaster is, rest assured you will be getting the best of the best in the restoration industry.
Prepare Your Home for the Unexpected!
Thunderstorms in the summer can cause numerous unexpected damages to your property. Whether it is flooding in your basement, damage to your roof, or trees puncturing through your windows, storm damage can happen at any time. When the forecast looks grim, it is wise to prepare in advance to ensure you and your loved ones are kept safe.
- Secure fences and outside furniture: Heavy winds can easily pull unsecured fencing and loose patio furniture off the ground, which could cause exterior damage to your house. Make sure your fence is properly secured, and anchor outdoor furniture or bring it inside.
- Check gutters: Make sure your gutters are clear of debris and downspouts drain away from your house to help prevent interior water damage.
- Trim trees: Dead tree limbs near your windows could potentially get loose from heavy winds and puncture through.
- Protect your valuables: If you store valuables in your basement, make sure they are off the ground or secured in boxes.
- Review your policy: Lots of homeowners often find out too late that their insurance policy does not cover certain types of flood damages!
- Create an emergency kit: Make sure your emergency kit has everything you need just in case!
When storms come your way, SERVPRO is ready and prepared to handle any size disaster!
Consumer Confidence About Business Cleaning Procedures
According to the latest research*, consumers have varying perspectives regarding the cleanliness of different businesses in the era of COVID-19. That means just the type of business you run may impact your customers’ level of confidence in your cleaning procedures. The following list of businesses is ranked based on percentage of consumers who are extremely or very confident in the cleanliness of their facilities.
- High-end grocery store (Whole Foods, Fresh Market, etc.): 52%
- National grocery store (Kroger, Publix, Safeway, etc.): 47%
- National big box retailer (Wal-Mart, Target): 38%
- National electronics/technology store (Best Buy, Fry’s, etc.): 37%
- Fast casual chain restaurant (Chili’s, Applebees, etc.): 37%
- Fast food chain restaurant (McDonalds, Taco Bell, etc.): 35%
- Small retailer in a local outdoor/strip mall (boutique clothing store, etc.): 35%
- Department store (Macy’s, Sears, etc.): 34%
- Clothing Store in a local indoor mall (Gap, American Eagle, H&M, etc.): 33%
- Neighborhood bar/pub: 25%
Regardless of your business, your consumers’ expectations of cleanliness have likely increased, and you will need to prove you are doing all you can to prioritize their health and safety. Our Certified: SERVPRO®Cleaned program can help you by providing high-level disinfecting services, as well as a window decal letting your customers know your facility was cleaned by the nationwide leader in cleanup and restoration.
*Research conducted by Message Factors, Inc.
Consumer Attitudes Toward COVID-19 and Cleanliness
Do you wonder about your customers’ perceptions toward COVID-19 and how your business is addressing it? Research shows most consumers still worry about risk of exposure, and the cleanliness of your business may impact their willingness to enter your facilities.*
Consumers perceive COVID-19 as a significant risk.
- 68% are constantly thinking about avoiding COVID exposure when out in public.
- 59% are worried about COVID exposure from touching surfaces that have not been sufficiently cleaned.
Consumers have heightened expectations of businesses when it comes to providing a clean and safe environment.
- 81% say businesses need to be more aggressive now than before COVID when it comes to cleaning.
- 71% have higher cleanliness expectations for businesses than for their own homes.
- 73% expect to stay more attuned to cleanliness even after COVID passes.
- 67% say feeling comfortable entering a store hinges on employees wearing masks, and 63% want to see employees cleaning high-touch areas.
Professional cleaning is a potential differentiator for businesses.
- 58% feel professionally cleaned businesses are likely to be much/somewhat cleaner than other businesses.
- All else being equal (product, price, service, convenience), 64% of respondents are more likely to shop at a business with a decal indicating professional cleaning, than at a store without such a decal.
*Research conducted by Message Factors, Inc.
Business Re-Opening Preparation in Schaumburg
As we adjust to a new normal, so should your business.
Re-opening businesses right now is hard, and "Business as usual" has a new meaning. As we adjust to a new normal, so should your business. Here are tips to consider for a new way of operating.
- Identify a workplace coordinator to handle COVID-19 issues that impact the workplace. Designating this responsibility can help take some of the workload off your plate.
- Examine policies for leave, telework, and employee compensation. Making sure your employees are taken care of and safe should be a top priority!
- Identify essential employees, business functions, and other critical inputs. It is important to find a balance between keeping your business running while minimizing foot traffic within your facilities.
- Prepare business continuity plans. This will be a transition for everyone involved, so it is important to begin planning now.
- Establish an emergency communications plan. It is vital to prepare for the future should the unforeseen take place.
- Share response plans with employees and communicate expectations. Making sure your team is on the same page regarding operations moving forward helps make for a smoother transition.
- Register for Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned service. To further give peace of mind for you, your employees, and your customers, Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned service can be scheduled at a time and frequency of your choosing (weekly, biweekly, monthly, etc.). These services in addition to your regular janitorial cleaning will help to maintain the highest level of disinfection and cleanliness, with a window decal on display to show you are taking the steps necessary to protect everyone's health and safety! Click here to learn more about the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program!
For more info on business re-opening in Illinois, click here.
Seal the Deal with Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
You can have peace of mind and confidence in the cleanliness of your property knowing SERVPRO handled the job.
In this new era of COVID-19, the standard of clean has been changed. As businesses are reopening, and with 40% of customers citing store cleanliness as a top concern, we at SERVPRO want to help.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program that goes beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning that helps ensure the cleanliness of the restaurants, businesses and public spaces in the communities we all call home. With over 50 years of expertise, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills - always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
After your facility is thoroughly cleaned, we leave behind a window seal to proudly display that you are taking every precaution to protect the safety and health of your customers and employees. You can have peace of mind and confidence in the cleanliness of your property knowing SERVPRO handled the job.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned - a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As businesses in Elk Grove, Palatine, Schaumburg, and all around the Chicagoland area are preparing to open back up, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who enter our establishments have changed, and staying safe and healthy is a top priority. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help you and your business meet the higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial properties to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can be rest assured knowing you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be working with a consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Elk Grove/E. Schaumburg/Itasca/Roselle/Palatine/Rolling Meadows today at 847-593-3055 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
ULV Fogging Against COVID-19 in Elk Grove Village
Now, more than ever, SERVPRO is Here to Help!
Our technicians at SERVPRO are highly trained and experienced in dealing with biological hazards, pathogens, disinfection, and sanitization. Our equipment and cleaning techniques ensure that you, your employees, and your customers are given peace of mind knowing your facilities have been professionally cleaned. One of the techniques we use is ULV fogging.
What Is ULV Fogging?
Ultra Low Volume (ULV) fogging involves densely distributing a chemical in aerosol form. This results in a mist that distributes through a room up to 8 ft. and disinfects surfaces throughout the room without the need for wiping. Using a hospital-grade disinfectant approved by the CDC, this form of antimicrobial application can help control the spread of COVID-19 and preemptively treat areas at risk of exposure.
Now, More Than Ever, SERVPRO is Here to Help!
Please do not hesitate to call SERVPRO for any needs related to coronavirus. We remain an essential business and are actively on the front lines responding to the essential services needs of our customers. We understand our customer's concerns and have standard operating procedures in place to protect both our customers and our employees, strictly adhering to CDC and EPA guidelines.